How did the fur trade lead to the development of Canada?
- I can summarize key ideas about how fur trading started and developed in Canada.
- I can analyze how the fur trade created relationships between Indigenous peoples and Europeans.
- I can consider what life would have been like for various participants in the fur trade.
How did the building of the railway change Canada?
- I can tell the story of the Canadian Pacific Railway using 5W+H.
- I can consider the impact of building the railway on Chinese workers and Indigenous peoples.
- I can explain how the railway united Canadians and shaped our identity.
Was joining Canada the best decision for BC?
- I can tell the story of how BC became part of Canada.
- I can analyze the causes and consequences of BC joining Canada.
- I can consider why we celebrate Canada Day.
How did colonization change how First Nations people made a living?
- I can describe how First Peoples contributed to the economic development of BC.
- I can explain the impact of colonization on the ways First Peoples made a living.
- I can consider how work is connected to identity.
How did gold rushes affect the population of British Columbia?
- I can explain how gold attracted people to BC.
- I can analyze the impact of gold rushes on the people, environment, economy, and politics of BC.
- I can share my ideas about how gold rushes impacted First Peoples and increased the diversity of people in our province.