BC Social Studies Lesson Plans
What are the benefits and challenges of a nation having two forms of leadership?
- I can name a similarity and a difference between hereditary and elected chiefs.
- I can consider the benefits and challenges of hereditary and elected leadership.
- I can explain how BC first nations came to have two forms of leadership
What aspects of ancient legal systems can be seen in our current world?
- I can name legal milestones from a variety of ancient civilizations.
- I can consider the ways that ancient laws continue to influence us today.
- I can explain how there are consequences for our decisions and actions.
How should we resolve competing claims of ownership over artifacts and cultural sites?
- I can describe the steps I would take if I discovered an artifact.
- What factors would I consider when making a judgement about how archaeologists work with First Nations?
- I can explain why it is important to protect archaeology sites and involve First Peoples in archaeological research.