How does Medieval legal history help us understand the origins of our current legal system?
- I can explain how aspects of our criminal justice system began in Medieval times.
- I can analyze how the Magna Carta continues to influence the world today.
- I can compare my world view and beliefs with those of Medieval times.
How did the Treaty of the Great Peace of Montreal address collective identity and collective rights?
- I can discuss the impact of alliances between Europeans and First Nations.
- I can analyze an historic treaty and compare it to the Charter.
- I can give examples of individual rights and collective rights.
How do the ideas of the Enlightenment continue to influence us today?
- I can describe natural rights
- I can determine the most significant change that resulted from the Enlightenment
- I can explain how the ideas of the Enlightenment affect me today.
How do Western and Eastern social structures and rights compare?
- I can describe what life was like in medieval Japan and Europe.
- I can analyze social structures and rights in feudal Japan and Europe.
- I can determine whether European feudalism or Japanese feudalism was more fair and provide evidence to support my point of view.