BC Social Studies Lesson Plans
How does the Charter of Rights and Freedoms protect Canadians?
- I can name rights and freedoms that every Canadian has.
- I can analyze how the Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects Canadians and reflects our values.
- I can suggest an additional right or freedom that would make Canada a better place.
How have past governments of Canada used laws to discriminate against Canadian citizens?
- I can describe ways that laws were used to exclude Asian people from entering Canada.
- I can evaluate how Canadian immigration policies have changed over time.
- I can explain why it is important to apologize for past wrongs.
Is Canada fair to everyone who wants to come?
- I can explain how immigration to Canada has changed over time.
- I can analyze whether Canadian immigration laws are fair.
- I can recommend changes to Canada’s immigration policy.