What were the most significant turning points for gaining rights for women in Canada?
- I can identify Canadian women who were trailblazers for women’s rights.
- I can analyze significant turning points in women’s rights in Canada.
- I can explain why it’s important for women to have equal rights.
How fair has BC’s treaty process been?
- I can explain what a treaty is and why nations sign treaties.
- I can consider the impact of the fact that BC has very few treaties.
- I can reflect on the importance of treaty negotiations to First Nations and British Columbia as a whole.
How does the Charter of Rights and Freedoms protect Canadians?
- I can name rights and freedoms that every Canadian has.
- I can analyze how the Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects Canadians and reflects our values.
- I can suggest an additional right or freedom that would make Canada a better place.
How have past governments of Canada used laws to discriminate against Canadian citizens?
- I can describe ways that laws were used to exclude Asian people from entering Canada.
- I can evaluate how Canadian immigration policies have changed over time.
- I can explain why it is important to apologize for past wrongs.
Is Canada fair to everyone who wants to come?
- I can explain how immigration to Canada has changed over time.
- I can analyze whether Canadian immigration laws are fair.
- I can recommend changes to Canada’s immigration policy.